Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Daniel <cn...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/24 07:07:41 UTC

how to

Dear friends:

I'm new here.
I want to know
1. how to put patches to Nutch
2. how to establish a Chinese character lexicon to the Nutch

Thanks!
Regards

Re: how to

Posted by Stefan Neufeind <ap...@stefan-neufeind.de>.
Daniel wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> I'm new here.
> I want to know
> 1. how to put patches to Nutch

Simply using the patch-utility available e.g. under Linux. Go into the
nutch-application-rootdir (from where you can see "conf" and "src" and
the like). There do:

	patch -p1 <../pathtopath/mypatch.patch

The -p1 here depends on the path-names used inside the patch - sorry. So
in case there is something like

nutch/trunk/src/...

then since src is directly available from the directory you are in you
would want to strip the first two parts of the pathes used in the patch.
So in this case you would want to use "patch -p2" (p followed by number
of path-parts to remove).

> 2. how to establish a Chinese character lexicon to the Nutch

Which lexicon do you mean? Nutch is using UTF-8, so I guess there should
be no problem with Chinese characters in the index in general. But maybe
I got you wrong. Also, I haven't had to deal with Chinese so far ... sorry.

Regards,
 Stefan