Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Philip Wilder <05...@acadiau.ca> on 2005/08/05 15:58:22 UTC

SVN Problems

Has anyone else had any trouble accessing revisions prior to the move
from incubator to db? I've been attempting to rollback my build.xml file
I end up svn ends up deleting the file in question. I've tried using
both tortoise svn for windows as well as executing from the command line
neither yields any success. The following are my two commandline
attempts. The first attempt merely tries to change the single file while
the second attempts to update the directory in its entirety.

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update build.xml -r 225580
D    build.xml
Updated to revision 225580.

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update -r 225580
svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: Cannot replace a directory from within

If I'm doing something foolish, I would appreciate any reccomendations.

Philip

Re: SVN Problems

Posted by Philip Wilder <05...@acadiau.ca>.
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> Hi Philip,
>
> Following is the mail Andrew about switching the repository from
> Incubator to DB and updating the svn. I
> got the same kind of error and everything worked fine after doing the
> 'switch'.
>
> Regards,
> Rajesh
>

> <quote>
>
> Hello all,
>
> The Derby repository has moved out of the Incubator repository and
> into the DB repository. You will need to update your Subversion views
> by doing a 'switch'.
>
> Get the URL by running 'svn info', and then run 'svn switch [new-
> URL]' replacing 'incubator' with 'db'.
>
> E.g.:
>
> svn info yields:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/code/trunk
>
> then run:
>
> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk
>
> <unquote>
> ===========================================================================================
>
> Philip Wilder wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else had any trouble accessing revisions prior to the move
>> from incubator to db? I've been attempting to rollback my build.xml
>> file I end up svn ends up deleting the file in question. I've tried
>> using both tortoise svn for windows as well as executing from the
>> command line neither yields any success. The following are my two
>> commandline attempts. The first attempt merely tries to change the
>> single file while the second attempts to update the directory in its
>> entirety.
>>
>> C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update build.xml -r 225580
>> D    build.xml
>> Updated to revision 225580.
>>
>> C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update -r 225580
>> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>> svn: Cannot replace a directory from within
>>
>> If I'm doing something foolish, I would appreciate any reccomendations.
>>
>> Philip

No luck. Following this procedure yields the following results:

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn info
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 230470
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: djd
Last Changed Rev: 230183
Last Changed Date: 2005-08-04 21:30:40 -0300 (Thu, 04 Aug 2005)
Properties Last Updated: 2005-05-26 15:02:42 -0300 (Thu, 26 May 2005)

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn switch
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk
At revision 230478.

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update
At revision 230478.

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update build.xml -r 225580
D    build.xml
Updated to revision 225580.

On an interesting note however, I've been able to circumvent my current
problem in the following manner:

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn cat -r 225580 build.xml

This produces a screen dump of the contents of the build.xml file. If I
redirect the output to a file then I have the file I am looking for.
Obviously this is not ideal, but for the moment it appears to be working.

Philip

Re: SVN Problems

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@Source-Zone.Org>.
Hi Philip,