Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by yogesh dhari <yo...@live.com> on 2012/11/21 06:47:42 UTC

ISSUE while configuring ECLIPSE with MAP-REDUCE

Hi Hadoop Champs,

I am facing this issue while trying to configure Eclipse with Map-Reduce.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    The method setInputFormat(Class<? extends InputFormat>) in the type JobConf is not applicable for the arguments (Class<TextInputFormat>)
    The method setOutputFormat(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in the type JobConf is not applicable for the arguments (Class<TextOutputFormat>)
    The method setInputPaths(Job, String) in the type FileInputFormat is not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)
    The method setOutputPath(Job, Path) in the type FileOutputFormat is not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)

    at TestDriver.main(TestDriver.java:30)

I have these classes and flow pattern.

import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
import org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable;
import org.apache.hadoop.io.Text;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Mapper;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Reducer;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.TextInputFormat;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.TextOutputFormat;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputFormat;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputCommitter;

public class TestDriver {

        JobClient client = new JobClient();
        JobConf conf = new JobConf(TestDriver.class);

        // TODO: specify output types
        conf.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
        conf.setOutputValueClass(IntWritable.class);

        // TODO: specify input and output DIRECTORIES (not files)
        //conf.setInputPath(new Path("src"));
        //conf.setOutputPath(new Path("out"));

        conf.setInputFormat(TextInputFormat.class);  /*   ERROR shown is :: The method setInputFormat(Class<? extends InputFormat>) in the type JobConf is not applicable for the  arguments (Class<TextInputFormat>) */

        conf.setOutputFormat(TextOutputFormat.class);   /*  ERROR shown is :: The method setOutputFormat(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in the type JobConf is not applicable for the  arguments (Class<TextOutputFormat>)  */

        FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf, new Path("In"));  /* ERROR shown is ::  The method setInputPaths(Job, String) in the type FileInputFormat is not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)  */

        FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(conf, new Path("Out"));  /* ERROR shown is :: The method setOutputPath(Job, Path) in the type FileOutputFormat is not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)   */

        // TODO: specify a mapper
        conf.setMapperClass(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.IdentityMapper.class);

        // TODO: specify a reducer
        conf.setReducerClass(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.IdentityReducer.class);

        client.setConf(conf);
        try {
            JobClient.runJob(conf);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

}

Please suggest & Help

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar

Re: ISSUE while configuring ECLIPSE with MAP-REDUCE

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
You are facing this problem because of the clash between the old and the
new API. Do as Mr. Bharath has specified and use only the new API i.e
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.
This should solve your problem.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq