Posted to imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org by Naidu G Javvadi <nj...@in.ibm.com> on 2008/07/16 04:50:05 UTC

suggestions for new enhancements in Imperius

 Hi
   We are planning the following features/enhancements for the next
release.

      1. To provide more generic logging mechanism.
      2. Adding Exceptions codes.
      3. XML representation of Policy.
      4. API Refactoring

      Any suggestions on these features or if any new features that you
think which is good to have are welcome.

 Thanks & Regards,
 Naidu
 System Software Engineer.

 IBM India pvt ltd
 India Software Lab, IBM Software Group
 Embassy Golf Links, 4th Floor, ‘B’ Wing, Bangalore
 Phone:+91-80-41055471
 e-mail:njavvadi@in.ibm.com

RE: suggestions for new enhancements in Imperius

Posted by Reza Asadollahi <ra...@uwaterloo.ca>.
Hi Neeraj,
Yes, I meant automatic conversion of primitive types to object types.
int -> Integer
long -> Long
Boolean -> Boolean

Thanks

Posted by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
Hey Reza,

Posted by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
Hey Reza,

Posted by Reza Asadollahi <ra...@uwaterloo.ca>.
Hi,
The mentioned items are looking good to me, and I'd like to add a few more
items to the list:

1. Having policy execution listener; sometimes, it is important for the
caller of executePolicy method to know what exactly happened during
execution. It is a good practice to invoke that method with an interface to

Posted by David L Kaminsky <dl...@us.ibm.com>.
That looks like a good list to me, and I think the XML representation is
particularly useful.

David

             Naidu G Javvadi
             <njavvadi@in.ibm.