Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by vamsi krishna <va...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/06 09:46:07 UTC

Clarification needed

Hi All,
          1. I observed that the service xmls are getting loaded at both server side and client side. may i know the reason for loading the services at the client side? I believe the service xmls are related to server and not client.
           2. Should we have the whole axis2C package on the client side inorder to consume any web service? wont the WSDL2C.sh generated code not suffice to consume the service?

         Please clarify. waiting for your response.

  Thanks & Regards,
  Vamsi Krishna M

Vamsi, IIIT-Hyd.

Re: Clarification needed

Posted by vamsi krishna <va...@yahoo.com>.
Hey Dinesh and Manjula,
              Yes, you people are right. I was using same repo for both client and server. service.xmls didnt get loaded when i tried to have different repos and moved the services folder from the client repo...
               Thanks a lot

  Thnaks & Regards,
  Vamsi Krishna M

Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com> wrote:
  Hi Vamsi,

In Rampart/C we are using a client_repo. Which only contains Axis2/C
libs, modules and the axis2.xml. So it is well tested that in the client
side it is working without services. So can you give us details about
your Repo which is used in client side and further how are you saying
that services are loaded in client side ?

Thanks,
-Manjula.

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 14:39 +0530, Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> vamsi krishna writes:
>
> > Hi Dinesh,
> > I dont have any issues with axis2.xml which is getting loaded as
> > this acts as a config file for the axis engine.
> > But why are the service.xml of each and every service getting
> > loaded at client side?
>
> You can remove services from your client repo without any
> problem. Problem comes when you try to share same repo between server
> and client.
>
> Ideal case is deploying client and server in using two different
> axis2/c repositories. Axis2/C engine load services because user have
> put them in services directory.
>
> thanks,
> Dinesh

Vamsi, IIIT-Hyd.

Re: Clarification needed

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Vamsi,

Re: Clarification needed

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.

--
http://nethu.org

Re: Clarification needed

Posted by vamsi krishna <va...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Dinesh,
                I dont have any issues with axis2.xml which is getting loaded as this acts as a config file for the axis engine.
                But why are the service.xml of each and every service getting loaded at client side?

  Thanks & Regards,
  Vamsi Krishna M

Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Vamsi,

vamsi krishna writes:

> Hi All,
> 1. I observed that the service xmls are getting loaded at both server
> side and client side. may i know the reason for loading the services at the
> client side? I believe the service xmls are related to server and
> not client.

I think you missed a point here. Because only xml that use in server
side and client side is axis2.xml which carries the all configuration
information for axis2 engine. AFAIK, in client side no service.xml
using.

> 2. Should we have the whole axis2C package on the client side inorder
> to consume any web service? wont the WSDL2C.sh generated code not suffice to
> consume the service?

Yes, we need to have Axis2/C engine installed. WSDL2C.sh generated
code use Axis2/C engine inorder to consume webservice.

thanks,
Dinesh

--
http://nethu.org