Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by guo jiwei <te...@apache.org> on 2023/06/26 09:10:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] About cherry-picking `Use Ubuntu 22.04 for Pulsar images (#20475)`

Hello community:
   For this patch Use Ubuntu 22.04 for Pulsar images
<https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20475>, we need some ideas about
cherry-picking to other branches.

Regards
Jiwei Guo (Tboy)

Re: [DISCUSS] About cherry-picking `Use Ubuntu 22.04 for Pulsar images (#20475)`

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
Ubuntu 20.04 isn't EoL yet. There isn't really a need from that perspective to switch away from Ubuntu 20.04 .

For Ubuntu 20.04, end of free standard support is April 2025. (Paid support EoL is April 2030).
(source: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases)

-Lari

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by asn <ya...@gmail.com>.
Updating ubuntu 22.04 can fix some CVE issues. Since python client has been
removed, we don't need to build python client in pulsar docker
building stage. Instead, we can install python-client from pypi directly. I
created this PR to fix this issue.
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/20770

Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net> 于2023年6月30日周五 13:23写道:

--
yaalsn

Re: [DISCUSS] About cherry-picking `Use Ubuntu 22.04 for Pulsar images (#20475)`

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
We’ve been seeing this too.

Posted by asn <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi, everyone

--
yaalsn

Re: [DISCUSS] About cherry-picking `Use Ubuntu 22.04 for Pulsar images (#20475)`

Posted by Zixuan Liu <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
+1 for cherry-picking the PR.

Posted by ma...@gmail.com.