Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2016/02/19 23:19:48 UTC

[Discuss] Apache Sentry 1.7.0 Release

Hi All,

Should we launch a new release since 1.6.0 Release is four month back? We
have new features such as Kafak-Sentry integration and Hive_plugin_v2. And
a bunch of improvements including the performance improvement for column
level privileges and enabling of PMD plugin for ensuring code quailities.
Also a lot of fix including the fix for sentry generic model.  Probabaly we
should start to do 1.7.0 release after the planned new features are done?
Any thoughts? Thanks!

Best,
Hao

Re: [Discuss] Apache Sentry 1.7.0 Release

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sravya,

Will send out a proposal for branching date later today. :) Thanks!

Best,
Hao

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Hao,

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: [Discuss] Apache Sentry 1.7.0 Release

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Sravya!

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: [Discuss] Apache Sentry 1.7.0 Release

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

RE: [Discuss] Apache Sentry 1.7.0 Release

Posted by "Ma, Junjie" <ju...@intel.com>.

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.
+1, there has been lots of new functionality and fixes added.  It would be
great to get a release to make this available to users.

Thanks,
Lenni