Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Joakim Back <jo...@notitium.se> on 2007/01/24 12:39:29 UTC

Passing references to a custom FileSystemManager

Hello again,

I hope I am not abusing the mailing list by this further question;

I have now set up my own flavor of FileSystemManager and FileSystemView.
The view keeps track of the current path of the user, and passes
requests regarding FileObjects to an instance of (my own interface)
FileObjectService.

to clarify, FileObjectService is a new interface containing just part of
the FileSystemView interface:

public FileObject getRootDirectory() throws FtpException;

public FileObject getFileObject(String path) throws FtpException;

public FileObject[] listFiles(String path) throws FtpException;

public void dispose();

This is to separate the navigation with file handling, and limit the
bridge to the rest of the application to implementing FileObjectService
(and FileObject).

However, FileObjectService needs a reference to a service within the
application. During this mock up, I have created the mock-application in
the FileSystemManager, and passed it through FileSystemView to the
FileObjectService.

Instead, I would like to pass a reference to the application-service
into FileSystemManager upon creating the FTPServer. How would this be
possible?

Best regards,

Joakim Back

Re: Passing references to a custom FileSystemManager

Posted by Joakim Back <jo...@notitium.se>.
I just noticed IFtpConfig.getFileSystemManager()...

Sorry to have wasted your time!

Best Regards,

Joakim Back

Posted by Joakim Back <jo...@notitium.se>.