Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/01 07:12:18 UTC

[VOTE] propose Commons-Csv to Incubator

Vote to go ahead and take the wiki'd proposal for a CSV component to
the Incubator.

[http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsCsv]

[ ] +1
[ ] -1

----------

This is a bit of an odd thing to do, so I'll explain my thought process.

The Netcetera offer of a starting codebase incurs some legal
checkboxes that I've been unable to comprehend the answers on. I think
we just need to get a code grant from Stefan (in addition to the CCLA
they already have on file). The easiest way to get this figured out
will be with the help of the Incubator PMC.

Increasing our understanding of the Incubator will help us realise how
quickly (or slowly) things like James Carman's Syringe (I think was
the name) project could have joined, and also whether commons-proxy
needs cleaning up code grant wise.

Understanding the Incubator process better will help us better
redefine our Sandbox process to make sure we've got things covered. I
think this just means legal things.

Anyway, feel free to vote, create commentary threads (please change
subject), edit the proposal (such as adding your name) or generally
cause mayhem.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] propose Commons-Csv to Incubator

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 01:12 -0400, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Vote to go ahead and take the wiki'd proposal for a CSV component to
> the Incubator.
>
> [http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsCsv]
>
> [X] +1
> [ ] -1

thanks for getting this going :)

- robert

[csv] minutae Was: [VOTE] propose Commons-Csv to Incubator

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 9/1/05, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> wrote:
> Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >[http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsCsv]
>
> Who will be mentoring this project in the incubator? Also, if we plan

Currently I have myself down as the mentor/champion/whatever. Of the
three committers listed, I'm the only member.

Represents a bit of a problem for Commons things if we do a lot of
this, our communities tend to be about 3 people, and chances are none
of them are members.

> to put the result after incubation in the commons, we also must run
> this by the Jakarta PMC.

Good point. They'd be the sponsor. Lesson #1 for me, sponsor is not a
person, it's a TLP :)

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> writes:

>[http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsCsv]

>[X] +1
>[ ] -1

Who will be mentoring this project in the incubator? Also, if we plan
to put the result after incubation in the commons, we also must run
this by the Jakarta PMC.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: [VOTE] propose Commons-Csv to Incubator

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

>> Vote to go ahead and take the wiki'd proposal for a CSV component to
>> the Incubator.
>>
>> [http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsCsv]
>>
>> [X ] +1
>> [ ] -1

Probably a bit late ;)
Still a +1 from me

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [VOTE] propose Commons-Csv to Incubator

Posted by Steven Caswell <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven Caswell
steven.caswell@gmail.com