Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Oliver Schrenk <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 16:25:25 UTC

replica reports recovery_failed but is considered the leader

Hi,

After an unsuccessful indexing on a Solr Cloud cluster with four machines, were we experienced a lot of errors we are still trying to investigate, we found the cluster to be in a weird state.

    {"collection_v1":{
        "shards":{
          "shard1":{
            "range":"80000000-bfffffff",
            "state":"active",
            "replicas":{
              "core_node1":{
                "state":"recovery_failed",
                "base_url":"http://solr-host9:7070/solr",
                "core":"elmar_v1_shard1_replica1",
                "node_name":"solr-host9:7070_solr",
                "leader":"true"},
              "core_node2":{
                "state":"active",
                "base_url":"http://solr-host8:7070/solr",
                "core":"elmar_v1_shard1_replica2",
                "node_name":"solr-host8:7070_solr"}}},

        "maxShardsPerNode":"2",
        "router":{"name":"compositeId"},
        "replicationFactor":"2"}}
    }

From my point of view it doesn’t make sense that core_node1is the leader of shard1, when it can’t even be recovered.  With the other machine completely working, why is core_node2 not the leader? Am I wrong in my assumption? In the same vein, how I can I manually set the leader?

Regards
Oliver

Re: replica reports recovery_failed but is considered the leader

Posted by Oliver Schrenk <ol...@gmail.com>.
Solr 4.7

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.