Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jing Zhou <ji...@netspread.com> on 2003/07/25 22:50:13 UTC

[Friday] TV Commercial

Jim was a new hire at the dot com booming time. He
bought an economic car using his sign-on bonus.
At the midnight, he tried the new car in the city's
looped highway.

He enjoyed his car very much until a BMW car was
passing by. "Have you driven a Mercedes-Benz before?"
the driver asked. The car run away quickly after the
question.

Jim continued to drive and then he heard the same
question because that car was catching up
with him from behind again.

This time Jim tried to catch that car. But his car
failed. The BMW disappeared way ahead of him.
Jim relaxed finally. Soon after he discovered a car crushed
into the side way.

It was that BMW. Jim stopped his car behind it
and walked to the driver.

"Have you driven a Mercedes-Benz before?" asked the
driver with blood all over his face.

Jim was almost angry with him before he heard the
next question.

"Do you know where the breaks are located?"

The last screen of the TV Commercial shows
 "Why don't you ask the Struts list?"

Jing
Netspread Carrier
http://www.netspread.com

[Friday] Consultant joke

Posted by Martin Naskovski <mn...@san.rr.com>.
A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture
when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of the dust
cloud towards him. The driver, a young man in a Broni
suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie,
leaned out the window and asked the
shepherd, "If I tell you exactly how many
sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?"

The shepherd looked at the man, obviously a yuppie,
then looked at his peacefully-grazing flock and
calmly answered, "Sure."

The yuppie parked his car, whipped out his IBM
Thinkpad and connected it to a cell phone, then he
surfed to a NASA page on the internet where he called
up a GPS satellite navigation system, scanned the
area, and then opened up a database and an Excel
spreadsheet with complex formulas. He sent an email on
his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, received a
response.

Finally, he prints out a 130 page report on his
miniaturized printer then turns to the shepherd and
says,......... "You have exactly 1586 sheep".

"That is correct; take one of the sheep" said the
shepherd. He watches the young man select one of the
animals and bundle it into his car.

Then the shepherd says: "If I can tell you exactly
what your business is, will you give me back my
animal?"

"OK, why not" answered the young man.

"Clearly, you are a consultant" said the shepherd.

"That's correct" says the yuppie, "but how did you
guess that?"

"No guessing required" answers the shepherd. "You
turned up here although nobody called you. You want to
get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I
never asked, and you don't know crap about my
business....Now give me back my dog".

--
:)

Re: [Friday] TV Commercial