Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/09/01 01:01:46 UTC

Re: [LEFO] Marrying Forrest and Lenya

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just testing  ;-)
>
> Michi

Testing what? What is a LEFO?

-David

Re: [LEFO] Marrying Forrest and Lenya

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > Then why doesn't that publication remain in the
> > Lenya repository?
>
> ...because it is our (like in forrest) custom lenya publication, it is
> our code that has nothing to do with lenya. That is like asking why the
> lenya docu is not in forrest because it is based on it. ;-)
>
> BTW that publication, I still have to write, but if there is no interest
> in it than I rather not do it. I can use the time otherwise. ;-)
>
> Do we want/need our own lenya publication?

I don't know what "publication" means sorry.
Do you think we need it? You are more expert.

The content is all that we want isn't it?

-David

Re: [LEFO] Marrying Forrest and Lenya

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [LEFO] Marrying Forrest and Lenya

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> >>If you wonder what [lefo] means:
> >>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112013695014297&w=2
> >
> >Please explain what is going on. Has somebody set up
> >special mail alias that sends the same reply to both
> >Lenya and Forrest dev lists?
>
> No special list yet. The suggestion has surfaced again on the lenya
> mailing list. Michi (Lenya dev who posted this "test") suggested that in
> the meantime we use the forrest list and preface the subject line with
> [LEFO].

Decisions regarding Forrest need to happen on our list.

The idea of the tag was so that we all know that
the message went to a special virtual list.

That is not the case, so we don't need the tag.

We already discussed in another thread that Ferdinand
raised, that we don't need special tags. Rather we
use well-chosen subject titles.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>>Gav.... wrote:
>>
>>>Just a wild guess,
>>>
>>>LE-nya FO-rrest
>>>

>>you are right:
>>
>>If you wonder what [lefo] means:
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112013695014297&w=2
>

> Please explain what is going on. Has somebody set up
> special mail alias that sends the same reply to both
> Lenya and Forrest dev lists?

No special list yet. The suggestion has surfaced again on the lenya
mailing list. Michi (Lenya dev who posted this "test") suggested that in
the meantime we use the forrest list and preface the subject line with
[LEFO].

This is came about because Thorsten is creating a publication for
Forrest to use on our instance of Lenya in their zone. SOme of the Lenya
devs want to track what we are doing as they hope to move some of the
work into the default Lenya pub.

This is also why Thorsten called a vote to give Lenya commiters access
to our SVN, we have been given access to Lenya so we can make changes we
need to integrate Forrest. They want access so that they can make
changes to the Forrest publication for Lenya (which is to be housed in
our SVN since).

Ross

Re: [LEFO] Marrying Forrest and Lenya

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 07:06 +0800, Gav.... wrote:
> Just a wild guess,
>
> LE-nya FO-rrest

you are right:

If you wonder what [lefo] means: