Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/11/11 06:13:34 UTC

Updated Database Pool Portlet -- Now Featuring Downloading!

So now the new database pool portlet can download drivers into the
repository for you.  If you select "Add a new database pool" then pick
a name and product and hit Next, and then select "Download a Driver"
it'll give you a list of the some of the drivers I found to be
directly downloadable.  If you select one, it'll put it right into the
repository and then select it for you back on the previous screen.
The available drivers at present are:

HSQLDB 1.7.3 & 1.8.0
MaxDB/SAP DB JDBC drivers for 7.5 & 7.6
McKoi 1.0.3
MySQL Connector/J 3.0 & 3.1
PostgreSQL 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, & 8.1
Sybase jConnect 5.5 & 5.6
jTDS for SQL Server 1.1 & 1.2

All the config parameters are controlled by a file it downloads from
my people.apache.org page, though I put it in the Geronimo site too so
once that replicates we can switch over.  (Do we need to tell someone
to replicate it?)  In any case, we'll be able to update the config
file to add new drivers or update point releases/download URLs as
necessary.

Thanks to Bruce for the idea!

Aaron

P.S. If anyone's looking for something to do, right now the download
status only shows on the server's stdout and it would be cool to have
an AJAX page that updates the status for the user periodically until
the download finishes.

Re: Updated Database Pool Portlet -- Now Featuring Downloading!

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 11/10/05, Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> So now the new database pool portlet can download drivers into the
> repository for you.  If you select "Add a new database pool" then pick
> a name and product and hit Next, and then select "Download a Driver"
> it'll give you a list of the some of the drivers I found to be
> directly downloadable.  If you select one, it'll put it right into the
> repository and then select it for you back on the previous screen.
> The available drivers at present are:
>
> HSQLDB 1.7.3 & 1.8.0
> MaxDB/SAP DB JDBC drivers for 7.5 & 7.6
> McKoi 1.0.3
> MySQL Connector/J 3.0 & 3.1
> PostgreSQL 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, & 8.1
> Sybase jConnect 5.5 & 5.6
> jTDS for SQL Server 1.1 & 1.2
>
> All the config parameters are controlled by a file it downloads from
> my people.apache.org page, though I put it in the Geronimo site too so
> once that replicates we can switch over.  (Do we need to tell someone
> to replicate it?)  In any case, we'll be able to update the config
> file to add new drivers or update point releases/download URLs as
> necessary.
>
> Thanks to Bruce for the idea!
>
> Aaron
>
> P.S. If anyone's looking for something to do, right now the download
> status only shows on the server's stdout and it would be cool to have
> an AJAX page that updates the status for the user periodically until
> the download finishes.

Damn nice work, Aaron! I'll check it own in the morning.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/