Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Greg Davidson <gu...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 15:08:47 UTC

new project

1st time user....long time admirrer.

I created a mulitilevel project (parent project with 2 child projects).  I
keep getting the following errrs no matter what I execute:
mvn install
mvn clean install
This project doesn't exist in any of our repositories.  Like I said this is
very new to me, a consultant implemented mvn at our company and has since
left, now I'm the "da man"....and I know nothing.  With a new project do I
need to "initialize / prime" the repository or something?

Thanks!!!!!

E:\Dev\HOSTAI~1>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://myCompany.com/Maven2/repository/myCompany/hostAirlneSystem/hostAirlneSystemParent/1.0.0/hostAirlneSystemPa
rent-1.0.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository myCompany-repository (
http://myCompany.com/Maven2/repository)
Downloading:
http://myCompany.com/Maven2/snapshot/myCompany/hostAirlneSystem/hostAirlneSystemParent/1.0.0/hostAirlneSystemPare
nt-1.0.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository myCompany-snapshot (
http://myCompany.com/Maven2/snapshot)
Downloading:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/myCompany/hostAirlneSystem/hostAirlneSystemParent/1.0.0/hostAirlneS
ystemParent-1.0.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: myCompany.hostAirlneSystem
ArtifactId: hostAirlneSystemParent
Version: 1.0.0

  myCompany.hostAirlneSystem:hostAirlneSystemParent:pom:1.0.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  myCompany-snapshot (http://myCompany.com/Maven2/snapshot),
  myCompany-repository (http://myCompany.com/Maven2/repository)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
myCompany.hostAirlneSystem:hostAirlneSystemParent for pr
oject: myCompany.hostAirlneSystem:hostAirlneSystemEJB:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:365)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:278)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.Dele

Re: new project

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.
Oh, here [1] is multimodule explained, so perhaps you can have a look there.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

[1] http://www.sonatype.com/book/pom-relationships.html

Re: new project

Posted by Greg Davidson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!!!!

So it sounds like what you are saying....my child pom ( parent version
number ) is not matching the version number in the parent pom.  I'll have a
look at that.

Re: new project

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.

Re: new project