Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com> on 2010/06/01 00:40:38 UTC

Re: how to determine hive version

Hello Kortni,

One way to find out which version of Hive you are using is to look at the
hive-default.xml file under conf directory. In this file, check out the
value of the property hive.hwi.war.file, which should be of the format:

<value>lib/hive-hwi-VERSION.war</value>

Form there you can infer the version.

If you want a more direct means of finding out the version of Hive, please
file a Jira as enhancement request.

Arvind

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
The getVersion method in the hive jdbc driver should give you the
version, which is read from the manifest version in the META-INF
folder of th hive jar.