Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk> on 2000/04/28 12:12:36 UTC

Sharing XSP data between XSP pages?

Hi Cocooners,

Well, I currently have an XSP page that describe a web site menu. It connects to a db so that some menu items appear or not according to the user session profile.Each menu item links to another XSP page.

What I want to achieve is something like a the menu XSP page beeing included in all other XSP pages so that each page will have a menu. I don't want to copy and paste the menu tags in each file.Even further, if I could have my tag MENU having an attribute set by each XSP page that would be even better (like which menu item is currently selected).

Problem is: I don't have a clue on how to achieve this and I don't want to defeat any of Coccon's purpose.

Thanks,

Yann (several days from finishing his first Cocoon-based web-app).