Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by James Carr <Ja...@carfax.com> on 2011/09/24 17:04:48 UTC

IvyDE takes eternity to show versions when using ctrl+space

We recently nuked our external library ivy repo (which was living off a network drive) for a m2 compatible repository to resolve 3rd party artifacts. Our internal artifacts however are still stored on the network drive.

One annoyance that has popped up is when developers use ctrl+space to see the latest versions of an internal module it seems to take 30+ seconds to display the list.

Any idea why this is? And if so, how to resolve?

Thanks,
James

Re: IvyDE takes eternity to show versions when using ctrl+space

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 24 sept. 2011 à 17:04, James Carr a écrit :

> We recently nuked our external library ivy repo (which was living off a network drive) for a m2 compatible repository to resolve 3rd party artifacts. Our internal artifacts however are still stored on the network drive.
>
> One annoyance that has popped up is when developers use ctrl+space to see the latest versions of an internal module it seems to take 30+ seconds to display the list.
>
> Any idea why this is? And if so, how to resolve?

I don't have any ideas, but the Ivy console [1] with the debug traces could help you locate which resolver takes time to list available resources.

Nicolas

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/console.html