Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Struts Two <st...@yahoo.ca> on 2008/07/14 22:04:35 UTC

Where to get latest binaries

Hi:
Can anyone tell me where I can get the latest binaries for struts 2.1..x that contains the fixes since the struts 2.1.2 build release on 02-May-2008. I would like to test JIRA WW-2642 that I opened using 2.1.2 and have the issue closed.
All I need is the sample applicaiton{hello world) with binaries that contain the fixes, say 2.1.3.
I went to followoing page but did not find what I was looking for.  http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
The easiest (and most reliable) is to build from source yourself... In a
nutshell, do the following -

svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/current/ struts

cd struts

svn co http://svn.opensymphony.com/svn/xwork/trunk xwork

cd xwork

mvn -Pall clean install

(wait until complete)

cd ../struts2

mvn -Pall clean install

(wait a bit)

Then, when everything is done, you have not only all the appropriate and
up-to-date libs, but you have the sources to in case you want to attach
and debug.

For a quick test, just delve into one of the app directories and run
jetty like so -

cd apps/showcase
mvn jetty:run

-Wes