Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ramakrishna Srinivasa <ra...@wipro.com> on 2000/12/28 18:38:37 UTC

No deserializer found..

hi,

I am running the SOAP examples provided by alphaworks. For all the three examples..
AddressBook, Calculator, GetQuote I am getting the same exception..

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = No Deserializer found to deserialize a
'http://192.168.160.113:6001/test/soap:Parameter' using encoding style ''.

I am using xerces1_2_3version, Apache 1.3.14, Tomcat 3.1.1 and I am running on Red
Hat Linux.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..I searched the Mailarchive and gave address
instead of x:address in the LocalPart.

but still I am getting the same old Exception...
What should be changed and where???

TIA..

Ramki.

Re: No deserializer found..

Posted by "N.V.S.Karunakar" <ka...@objectsymphony.com>.
I ran the SOAP examples on NT server 4.0 with Tomcat 3.2, xerces1_2_3. i
could run AddressBook successfully. Calculator comes up but gives a
different error when used.

i guess you are deploying using web based XML Soap admin. when filling the
type mappings fill

--------------
name space URI : "urn:xml-soap-address-demo"
Local part : "address"
Java Type : "samples.addressbook.Address"
Java to XML Serializer : "org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"
XML to Java Deserializer : "org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"
fill the second mapping for PhoneNumber accordingly.

it should work.

i hope you made sure that CLASSPATH has xerces.jar before other parser
jar's.

Re: No deserializer found..