Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Müller <mi...@mueller-bruehl.de> on 2012/06/24 18:29:03 UTC

Roadmap Cocoon 3.0

Hello,

currently the roadmap only includes functionality, but no dates.
When will 3.0 Beta be available? When 3.0 release?
Hopefully before 2020 ;-)

--

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,
Michael Müller

Re: Roadmap Cocoon 3.0

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 24/06/2012 18:29, Michael Müller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently the roadmap only includes functionality, but no dates.
> When will 3.0 Beta be available? When 3.0 release?
> Hopefully before 2020 ;-)

Hi Michael,
this topic recently (briefly) popped out at dev ML [1]: as you can read
from there, no dates were even discussed.

Anyway, IMHO a few things can be assessed so far:

 1. we are close to a beta release: if you take a look at JIRA, we are
currently reviewing C3 cache system; moreover, there is a proposal for
C3 API improvement by Reinhard and Steven that has still to be completed

 2. we've been recently voting a considerable number of subprojects (10
so far, 1 still ongoing): this in order to be able to vote some
milestone releases: 3.0.0-beta1-M1 could be really (a couple of weeks?)
approaching, then

 3. C3 *really* needs some help in documentation: either javadocs and
site, and we cannot consider this before planning any final release:
would you like to help, to make things faster and smoother?!? ;-)

Hope this helps.
Regards.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/rd7qtvld5nqkvthl

--