Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/26 00:27:34 UTC

Problems with Wicket JARs: jcl-over-slf4j

I tried adding the Wicket 1.4.17 Distribution to my project.

First of all, this distribution does not contain any SLF4J stuff. So I had
to go over to their site, and download their latest binaries, "slf4j-1.6.1".

These were like 12 JAR's, in addition to Wicket's 7-8.

However, even after I did all that, I'm getting this error right now in
GlassFish:

Detected both jcl-over-slf4j.jar AND slf4j-jcl.jar on the class path,
preempting StackOverflowError

What should I do about it? thanks.

Re: Problems with Wicket JARs: jcl-over-slf4j

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
It's 21st century, use Maven!
It will download ONLY the needed jars.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:10 AM, eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I resolved all my issues, but I had to add a ton of JAR's that were never
> mentioned anywhere. Thanks anyway.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Problems with Wicket JARs: jcl-over-slf4j

Posted by jcgarciam <jc...@gmail.com>.
Eugene,

Usually you just need one jar from SLF4J  in order to statically make the
bridge to the logging system of choice.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:10 PM, eugenebalt [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+3694554-1008203965-65838@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> I resolved all my issues, but I had to add a ton of JAR's that were never
> mentioned anywhere. Thanks anyway.
>
> ------------------------------
> below:
>
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Problems-with-Wicket-JARs-jcl-over-slf4j-tp3694328p3694554.html
>  To start a new topic under Apache Wicket, email
> ml-node+1842946-398011874-65838@n4.nabble.com

JC

RE: Problems with Wicket JARs: jcl-over-slf4j

Posted by "Miroslav F." <mi...@seznam.cz>.
put just "slf4j-simple-1.6.1.jar" and "slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar" in WEB-INF/lib

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry for posting further on this, but I managed to fix the LogFactory by
using common-logging-api.jar, and now I have a new problem that Wicket is
complaining about:

org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity not found

Why do I need to add Velocity to my project?

Re: Problems with Wicket JARs: jcl-over-slf4j

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
Note that if I remove jcl-over-slf4j, then I get another exception, it can't
find the LogFactory class.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory

I'm just surprised none of these problems are mentioned anywhere. I'm a
Wicket beginner who added the Wicket JARs and the SLF4J JARs and am
immediately running into problems like this.

Is there a single reliable SLF4J distribution that will get me on my way to
run a Wicket app? What do I need to add/remove?

Thanks for your help