Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mike Darretta <mi...@metnet.navy.mil> on 2004/08/02 20:11:05 UTC

Basic RegEx Question

I have a very, very simple problem that I am having no luck resolving.
All I need to do is find the phrase "Navy" from an HTTPS response. This
is how I am working the issue:

Thread Group

   --- HTTPS Request

         --- Regular Expression Extractor
               Ref Name: NAVY_EXISTS
               RegEx: NAVY_EXISTS=(Navy)
               Template: $1$
               Match No: 0
               Default: false

I must have a syntax problem, because the result of the extraction is
always false, no matter whether the word "Navy" exists in the response.

Could someone please help?
Thanks.

Mike

Re: Basic RegEx Question

Posted by Mike Darretta <mi...@metnet.navy.mil>.
I tried various permutations on the syntax, but not this one. Thanks...

Re: Basic RegEx Question

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Why is your regex "NAVY_EXISTS=(Navy)" ?

Sounds like you want it to just be "(Navy)"

-Mike

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 14:11, Mike Darretta wrote:
> I have a very, very simple problem that I am having no luck resolving.
> All I need to do is find the phrase "Navy" from an HTTPS response. This
> is how I am working the issue:
>
> Thread Group
>    --- HTTPS Request
>          --- Regular Expression Extractor
>                Ref Name: NAVY_EXISTS
>                RegEx: NAVY_EXISTS=(Navy)
>                Template: $1$
>                Match No: 0
>                Default: false
>

> I must have a syntax problem, because the result of the extraction is
> always false, no matter whether the word "Navy" exists in the response.
>
> Could someone please help?
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>