Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Juan Rodríguez Hortalá <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 13:12:38 UTC

Messages are not stored for actorStream when using RoundRobinRouter

Hi,

I'm using a simple akka actor to create a actorStream. The actor just
forwards the messages received to the stream by
calling super[ActorHelper].store(msg). This works ok when I create the
stream with

ssc.actorStream[A](Props(new ProxyReceiverActor[A]), receiverActorName)

but when I try to use a RoundRobinRouter in order to obtain more receiver
parallelism then all the messages are lost.

ssc.actorStream[A](Props(new
ProxyReceiverActor[A]).withRouter(RoundRobinRouter(nrOfInstances=3)),
                         receiverActorName)

In the logs I can see that 3 actors are created, and that the messages are
received, but the call to store() seems to do nothing.

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Greetings,

Juan