Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alex Parvulescu <al...@apache.org> on 2014/07/09 18:06:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

A candidate for the Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2 release is available at:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jackrabbit/oak/1.0.2/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/tags/jackrabbit-oak-1.0.2/

The SHA1 checksum of the archive is
54867d0583a0a5ff9503cf57481ad72f10d3796f.

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejackrabbit-1019

The command for running automated checks against this release candidate is:

    $ sh check-release.sh oak 1.0.2 54867d0583a0a5ff9503cf57481ad72f10d3796f

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Jackrabbit PMC votes are cast.

    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

My vote is +1

best,
alex

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
On 09/07/14 18:06, "Alex Parvulescu" <al...@apache.org> wrote:
>Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2.
>The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
>least three +1 Jackrabbit PMC votes are cast.

All checks OK.

+1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

Regards
 Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2014-07-09 18:06, Alex Parvulescu wrote:
 >      [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2
>      [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> My vote is +1

[X] +1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

OK, I take back my -1. I don't want to block the release.

Regards,
Thomas

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
I logged OAK-1964 to track the fillInStackTrace issue.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 10.7.14 2:40 , Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid I can't give +1 in this case, sorry.
>

> [X] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> I can't recommend anybody to use Oak 1.0.2, because of severe performance
> degradation. Personally, I would feel more comfortable if we first fix
> those problems, and then release Oak 1.0.3. To avoid Oak getting a really
> bad reputation.
>

> I think I found one of the problematic performance degradations, it is
> OAK-1703 ("Improve warning logged on concurrent Session access"). The
> problem is that every time a SessionDelegate is created (and that seems to
> be very common), a new Exception is created, which is very slow in Java
> due to fillInStackTrace. I think Java 7 will at some point stop filling in
> the stack trace, but many are still using Java 6.

This one should be easy to fix. I'll have a look as time permits.

> There seems to be a second performance degradation related to updating
> ordered indexes. I don't know exactly what the problem is (somewhere in
> AsyncIndexUpdate - OrderedPropertyIndexEditor.leave). At least there is a
> workaround: don't use ordered indexes.

This is probably OAK-1892 as I also have been seeing this.

Michael

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 21/07/14 01:35, "Vikas Saurabh" <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Was this vote completed?

it was, but Alex is currently on vacation. I'll collect the votes
and post the results...

Regards
 Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

Posted by Vikas Saurabh <vi...@gmail.com>.
Was this vote completed?

Thanks,
Vikas

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Alex Parvulescu
<al...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2.

    [x] +1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.2

BR,

Jukka Zitting