Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Zamek <za...@vili.pmmf.hu> on 2004/02/03 14:47:08 UTC

Equation in Openoffice

Hello All,

My last (I promice :-) ) question is, are there any method to display
equation from Openoffice.org?

I searched and found ( via google ) an Jeuclide project ( inside cocoon ),
but I cannot find any reference in my cocoon source :-(

Openoffice stored equation in MathML 1.01. formula in separate objects
inside document.

--
thx,
Zoltan Zidarics programmer

Re: Equation in Openoffice

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Do, den 05.02.2004 schrieb Z.Z. um 23:04:
> > The sf project overview is at
> >    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jeuclid
> > which can be easily found with SF's search function. Download
> > the source, you'll have to compile the jar by yourself. It seems
> > there is some direct Cocoon support there too.
>
> Ok, I download it.

You should use the CVS version instead. The binary is very outdated.

Stephan.

Re: Equation in Openoffice

Posted by "Z.Z." <za...@vili.pmmf.hu>.
Hello,

> Z.Z. wrote:
> > Sorry, I cannot find it, where is distribution´s directory?
>
> Ah, well, you'll probably have to get the code from CVS. Look
> at the examples/mathml directory there are a few files with
> more information. I'm not sure whether the extension works
> with the HEAD code or only with the maintenance branch, or
> whether it works at all.

Thanks a lot, I'll find it...

> > All result of searching to jeuclid.jar is 2 document (by google,
> > yandex) which are only a html document instead of jeuclid.jar. There is
> > no jeuclid.jar in cocoon cvs, and jeuclid.sourceforge.net too.
>
> The sf project overview is at
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jeuclid
> which can be easily found with SF's search function. Download
> the source, you'll have to compile the jar by yourself. It seems
> there is some direct Cocoon support there too.

Ok, I download it.

> > Are there anybody who has some experience with mathml plugin for
> > Mozilla/IE? Is it good enough for University usage?
>
> Mozilla supports MathML natively, and it's in the default build
> since, well, a year or two by now (no plugin necessary). Standard
> support appears to be quite complete, look at
>    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/
> for details. What do you consider "good enough for University usage"?

I just want to know, how it display some very special, and difficult
equations, which is using at university.

--
thx,

Re: Equation in Openoffice

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Z.Z. wrote:
> Sorry, I cannot find it, where is distribution´s directory?

Ah, well, you'll probably have to get the code from CVS. Look
at the examples/mathml directory there are a few files with
more information. I'm not sure whether the extension works
with the HEAD code or only with the maintenance branch, or
whether it works at all.

> All result of searching to jeuclid.jar is 2 document (by google, yandex)
> which are only a html document instead of jeuclid.jar. There is no
> jeuclid.jar in cocoon cvs, and jeuclid.sourceforge.net too.

The sf project overview is at
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/jeuclid
which can be easily found with SF's search function. Download
the source, you'll have to compile the jar by yourself. It seems
there is some direct Cocoon support there too.

> Are there anybody who has some experience with mathml plugin for Mozilla/IE?
> Is it good enough for University usage?

Mozilla supports MathML natively, and it's in the default build
since, well, a year or two by now (no plugin necessary). Standard
support appears to be quite complete, look at
   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/
for details. What do you consider "good enough for University usage"?

J.Pietschmann

Re: Equation in Openoffice

Posted by "Z.Z." <za...@vili.pmmf.hu>.
Hello,

Re: Equation in Openoffice

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Re: Equation in Openoffice

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
MathML is XML, so just transform it as you like.

Jeuclide has nothing to do with Cocoon, so you won't find it here. I
even did not find it when searching for "Jeuclide" using google.

Joerg