Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Iannis Hanen <Ia...@bluejungle.com> on 2005/05/27 23:55:33 UTC

Custom server.xml location with tomcat windows service (5.0.28)

Hi,

I have been trying to setup the tomcat windows service to use an
alternate configuration file location, instead of the default server.xml
under conf.

The tomcat service pulls all the information from the registry, but I
could not find a good spot there to specify a different server.xml file
location. The "Start" registry key has a "params" String value that is
set to "start". I tried to add a "-config" parameter there with the
appropriate location, but the service failed to start after that. I
assume that tomcat5.exe does not expect other values besides "start" or
"stop". Has anybody tried such thing before? What should I do?

Regards,

Iannis