Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by gpub <af...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/22 12:43:12 UTC

how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

Hi,

how do i need to confirm that my jmeter script has passed or got failed.
I am not using any listener at all(due to heavy load performance)
from where i came to know about the errors ??

Thanks
-Gp

RE: how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

Posted by Suvendu_Mohapatra <Su...@satyam.com>.
jmeter -n -t my_test.jmx -l log.jtl -H my.proxy.server -P 8000
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html
follow the above link you got more ideas.

With Regards,
Suvendu

Posted by Sirish_Chandra <Si...@satyam.com>.
You can use Save response to file which is a Post processor element in gui mode to see whether your desired response has come or not?

Regards
Sirish

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.
In linux I run non-gui mode like this:

/usr/bin/jmeter/bin/jmeter -n -t MyTest.jmx -l MyResults.jtl

If you're using windows, adjust appropriately

Regards,
Noel

Posted by gpub <af...@gmail.com>.
I am using GUi mode.

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.
Have a look here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html

Look at section 16.6 Reducing resource requirements
in particular.

Namely, you need to start JMeter with the -l flag and also set it up to log results in CSV format. Additionally, only log the result data that you absolutely need.

Regards,
Noel