Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by vikasran <hi...@hotmail.com> on 2007/09/28 23:08:50 UTC

Cannot get nutch logs

I am running into an issue getting nutch logging to work. Any help would be
very much appreciated.

Configuration:
2 servers Nutch/hadoop configuration with one master and both servers as
slave.

Nutch logging throws the following exception:
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /nutch/search/logs (Is a directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:163)
        at
org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFileAppender.j
ava:215)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:256)

I checked all processes created during start-all.sh and all of them have
-Dhadoop.log.dir=/nutch/search/logs
-Dhadoop.log.file=hadoop-bnadmin-tasktracker-nodetest1.log
-Dhadoop.home.dir=/nutch/search -Dhadoop.root.logger=INFO,DRFA

I have only made minimal changes to the files under conf/ to get crawl to
work. Note crawling seems to work fine, but cant see any log messages.

PLEASE HELP !!

Re: Cannot get nutch logs

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
A silly question, perhaps, but does the directory /nutch/search/logs
exist? Is there any typo? Do you have permissions to write there?

Just shooting in the dark here, but I've been tripped up by things
equally obvious....

Best
Erick