Posted to user@hive.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/14 03:44:17 UTC

don't use DBCP to connection mysql

I know hive mestore use DBCP to connection mysql,  I want to use short
connection to connection mysql, how can I close DBCP configuration?

Thanks,

LiuLei**

Re: don't use DBCP to connection mysql

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM, lei liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know hive mestore use DBCP to connection mysql,  I want to use short
> connection to connection mysql, how can I close DBCP configuration?
>

> Thanks,
>

> LiuLei

The pooling is controlled by this property.

<property>
<name>datanucleus.connectionPoolingType</name>
<value>DBCP</value>
<description>passwd for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

If you unset this pooling should be turned off.