Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ro...@elastica.com on 2006/05/11 01:10:49 UTC

Axis 1.3 isn't working at all with JDK 1.5.0_06

So I've got a web app and if I put in Axis's 1.3 jars (not including endorsed) I
get the following

please note if I change these to Axis 1.4's jars and redeploy everything works
correctly.

What am I missing?

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

Re: Axis 1.3 isn't working at all with JDK 1.5.0_06

Posted by ro...@elastica.com.
This turned out to be missing jars. Thankfully I found a hint online that
suggested you catch Throwable in your binding implementation to see what the
root exception was. Thanks who whoever posted that you said me a lot of
headache. I sure hope that the later versions of Axis no longer swallow this
exception.

Quoting robert@elastica.com: