Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Yuan, Tony" <To...@cingular.com> on 2002/06/13 19:31:57 UTC

Please help clarify or confirm -- HttpSession

Hi Guys,
Can anyone help clarify or confirm the relationship between an HttpSession
and a web application? I mean, can two WAR (two application) share one
common HttpSession and whatever resource this HttpSession contains?

My understanding is that if WARs are deployed separately, then there will be
different HttpSessions and therefore you can not share resources among them.
Can anyone help confirm this? or correct if I am wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Please help clarify or confirm -- HttpSession

Posted by "emmanuel.boudrant" <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
At my knowledge, under tomcat each webapp have his own
"memory space" so you can't share HttpSession between
2 webapp. You can share object between 2 webapp with
one condition, the class to be shared must be loaded
in same ClassLoader.

Did you understand my english ;)

-Emmanuel