Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu> on 2012/05/27 18:48:42 UTC

[EXT]Discontinued Base extensions

The code   the two extensions no more developed by us, due to license
incompatibilities.

The Oracle report builder, and the MySQL connector.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/reportdesign
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql_connector

To inform AOO 3.4 users about this situation, I added a comment to
report builder,
and want to add to MySQL, but the commenting not possible.

How can I put some words to this extensions page?
Zoltan

Re: [EXT]Discontinued Base extensions

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2012/5/29 Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu> wrote:
>> The code   the two extensions no more developed by us, due to license
>> incompatibilities.
>>
>> The Oracle report builder, and the MySQL connector.
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/reportdesign
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql_connector
>>
>> To inform AOO 3.4 users about this situation, I added a comment to report
>> builder,
>> and want to add to MySQL, but the commenting not possible.
>>
>> How can I put some words to this extensions page?
>
> My understanding is that for some extensions comments have been
> disabled for spam.
> Should we enable comments for this extensions for good or just
> temporarily? By the wat, what about the other extensions with disabled
> comments?
>
> About how to manage this issue in a pro-active way, we could write
> something like:
>
> The source code for this extension was transferred to the Apache
> OpenOffice project in 2011. If you are interested in volunteering to
> develop this extension, please contact the Apache OpenOffice mailing
> list: ooo-dev at incubator.apache.org
>
> Thoughts?

+1. Also, add somewhere an invitation to participate on building more
extensions and an entry (on the "developer resources" page?) to the
"orphaned projects".

Regards
Ricardo

Re: [EXT]Discontinued Base extensions

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu> wrote:
> 2012.05.29. 15:23 keltezéssel, Roberto Galoppini írta:
>
>> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Reizinger Zoltán<zr...@hdsnet.hu>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> The code   the two extensions no more developed by us, due to license
>>> incompatibilities.
>>>
>>> The Oracle report builder, and the MySQL connector.
>>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/reportdesign
>>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql_connector
>>>
>>> To inform AOO 3.4 users about this situation, I added a comment to report
>>> builder,
>>> and want to add to MySQL, but the commenting not possible.
>>>
>>> How can I put some words to this extensions page?
>>
>> My understanding is that for some extensions comments have been
>> disabled for spam.
>> Should we enable comments for this extensions for good or just
>> temporarily? By the wat, what about the other extensions with disabled
>> comments?
>>
>> About how to manage this issue in a pro-active way, we could write
>> something like:
>>
> On MySQL connector page:
> Add some words before yours:
>
> The extensions might work with Apache OpenOffice 3.4, but development
> stopped.
> The known, not fixed bugs on Mac, on Linux 64 bit versions, make it unusable
> on these platforms.
> Use ODBC or JDBC connectors to MySQL databases.

Done.

Roberto

--
====

Re: [EXT]Discontinued Base extensions

Posted by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu>.
2012.05.29. 15:23 keltezéssel, Roberto Galoppini írta:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Reizinger Zoltán<zr...@hdsnet.hu>  wrote:
>> The code   the two extensions no more developed by us, due to license
>> incompatibilities.
>>
>> The Oracle report builder, and the MySQL connector.
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/reportdesign
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql_connector
>>
>> To inform AOO 3.4 users about this situation, I added a comment to report
>> builder,
>> and want to add to MySQL, but the commenting not possible.
>>
>> How can I put some words to this extensions page?
> My understanding is that for some extensions comments have been
> disabled for spam.
> Should we enable comments for this extensions for good or just
> temporarily? By the wat, what about the other extensions with disabled
> comments?
>
> About how to manage this issue in a pro-active way, we could write
> something like:

On MySQL connector page:
Add some words before yours:

The extensions might work with Apache OpenOffice 3.4, but development
stopped.
The known, not fixed bugs on Mac, on Linux 64 bit versions, make it
unusable on these platforms.
Use ODBC or JDBC connectors to MySQL databases.
> The source code for this extension was transferred to the Apache
> OpenOffice project in 2011. If you are interested in volunteering to
> develop this extension, please contact the Apache OpenOffice mailing
> list: ooo-dev at incubator.apache.org
>
> Thoughts?

Zoltan

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.