Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2006/06/06 16:59:07 UTC

Geronimo Maven Repo

Is there interest in setting up a Geronimo Maven repo (to avoid load
and outages affecting the other Maven sites)?  Is there someone who
would take charge of maintaining it (that is, making sure release we
need from Codehaus, ibiblio, etc. are copied to the Geronimo repo, and
perhaps creating nightly download packages to grab everything in one
shot)?

There are cheap (< $20/month) hosting plans that allow e.g. 250-1500
GB transfer per month.  I'm not sure how the performance is, and I'm
not sure how much transfer we'd actually use, but it might be worth a
try.  I'll cover the cost if someone else will actually run it.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Does anyone have an account on our zone?  If so, can we connect your
scripts with that person and get this going?  We can always move it
later if it seems appropriate.

Thanks,
     Aaron

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Aaron,

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Is this going to be okay from the infra's group perspective?

I think it is important that we have a g-repo and to try and use it as the single master where possible/practicle.

I also still think that the content should be backed up by svn.

--jason

On Jun 6, 2006, at 7:59 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Is there interest in setting up a Geronimo Maven repo (to avoid load
> and outages affecting the other Maven sites)?  Is there someone who
> would take charge of maintaining it (that is, making sure release we
> need from Codehaus, ibiblio, etc. are copied to the Geronimo repo, and
> perhaps creating nightly download packages to grab everything in one
> shot)?
>
> There are cheap (< $20/month) hosting plans that allow e.g. 250-1500
> GB transfer per month.  I'm not sure how the performance is, and I'm
> not sure how much transfer we'd actually use, but it might be worth a
> try.  I'll cover the cost if someone else will actually run it.

Can't we just put it in our Apache Zone?

-dain

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I will help.

--jason

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Do we have a machine with enough disk space available?

If so, I'll volunteer if it's a recent Linux distro and you can give me
SSH access to it....

-Donald

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 6/6/06, Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

> There are cheap (< $20/month) hosting plans that allow e.g. 250-1500
> GB transfer per month.  I'm not sure how the performance is, and I'm
> not sure how much transfer we'd actually use, but it might be worth a
> try.  I'll cover the cost if someone else will actually run it.

The cpu and network bandwidth are usually plenty for static content
with these plans (I have one and love it), where they get you is
limited disk space.  It's usually like 4-8 gigs.  I guess if geronimo
is careful, it might be enough.

> Thanks,
>     Aaron

Hiram

Re: Geronimo Maven Repo

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I believe this is key for maven to be successful and reliable for geronimo builds.

+1

--jason