Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2000/11/08 16:33:44 UTC

Re: Fwd: Re: [XalanJ2][C2] Simple.XSP / XSP.XSL Regression.

Davanum, I have the fixes for this, and for the other problems people have
been having with variables in Xalan, but locus seems to be down, and I
can't check in, so I'll let you know when you can try again.

The reason the variables are so tricky, is that in Xalan2 many of the
variables are not evaluated until long after the declaration (because of
the way NodeIterators work, and, anyway, we'll be moving to lazy variable
evaluation).  So if you pass a variable through three levels of templates,
before you actually use it for something, we have to back up to the
variable state at the time of the declaration.  I have your xsp.xsl working
1:1 with Xalan1, but there could be more dragons regarding this sort of
thing.  I'll be doing some extensive testing over the next day or two to
make sure all the problems are taken care of.

-scott