Posted to user@spark.apache.org by SparkUser6 <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/08 09:14:55 UTC

Error submitting Spark Job in yarn-cluster mode on EMR

I have a simple program that works fine in the local mode.  But I am having
issues when I try to run the program in yarn-cluster mode.  I know usually
no such method happens when compile and run version mismatch but I made sure
I took the same version.

205  [main] INFO  org.spark_project.jetty.server.ServerConnector  - Started
Spark@29539e36{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:4040}
205  [main] INFO  org.spark_project.jetty.server.Server  - Started @3265ms
org.apache.spark.internal.config.package$.APP_CALLER_CONTEXT()Lorg/apache/spark/internal/config/OptionalConfigEntry;
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.Client.submitApplication(Client.scala:163)
	at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.cluster.YarnClientSchedulerBackend.start(YarnClientSchedulerBackend.scala:56)
	at
org.apache.spark.scheduler.TaskSchedulerImpl.start(TaskSchedulerImpl.scala:156)
	at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.<init>(SparkContext.scala:509)
	at
org.apache.spark.api.java.JavaSparkContext.<init>(JavaSparkContext.scala:58)
	at
com.voicebase.etl.PhoenixToElasticSearch.main(PhoenixToElasticSearch.java:54)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.org$apache$spark$deploy$SparkSubmit$$runMain(SparkSubmit.scala:743)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.doRunMain$1(SparkSubmit.scala:187)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.submit(SparkSubmit.scala:212)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:126)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)

Re: Error submitting Spark Job in yarn-cluster mode on EMR

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Did you by any chances left a   sparkSession.setMaster("local") lurking in
your code?

Last time i checked, to run on yarn you have to package a 'fat jar'. could
you make sure the spark depedencies in your jar matches the version you are
running on Yarn?

alternatively please share code including how you submit  your application
to spark
FYI this is the command i am using to submit  a program to spark

spark-submit --master yarn --deploy-mode cluster --class <MyTaskClass>
<myjar.jar> <input args>

hth