Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@apache.org> on 2008/12/01 02:30:43 UTC

Re: Discussion : What should be in Axis2 TLP (Was Re: [VOTE] Axis2 as TLP (Alternate Proposal))

It seems no one is interested in the TLP idea anymore.

We better discuss this now, rather than thinking silently. At the same time
I don't think these discussion are reasons for people to get frustrated. Its
just perspectives and being a diverse community we should be able to digest
other ideas.

Anyway, I think pretty much everyone agrees we should move to a new TLP. But
the question is what we should move with us. So I think its good to start a
discussion on this.

So what do you all think? Shall we move WS-Commons with it or not? I think
we should, especially because of the convenience of axis2 developer. And I
don't think that will hinder anyone using anything within WS-Commons
components.

What do you all think? Let's have a friendly discussion.

Thanks,
Chinthaka

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Some of us aren't on axis-dev or private, but, then again, our  votes dont bind.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Benson,

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Eran,

I get the feeling that you have some particular individuals in mind
who haven't been heard from since the vote was called off, since there
have been some discussion contributions from others.

I think I could safely summarize as to write the following: no one is
on the recent record as opposing the overall idea of hiving off an
Axis2 TLP. Several of us have expressed strong feelings that certain
components should remain behind in the commons TLP.

What I'd like to know is whether any of the core Axis2 community are
in '-1' with the proposed list of components to leave behind. Or,
alternatively, would you or some other core Axis person care to lay
out an affirmative proposal that reflects your ideas about what you
want to take, given what you've heard from the rest of us?

--benson

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
> It seems no one is interested in the TLP idea anymore.
Hehe :)

> We better discuss this now, rather than thinking silently. At the same
> time I don't think these discussion are reasons for people to get
> frustrated. Its just perspectives and being a diverse community we
> should be able to digest other ideas.
Agreed , as long as we treat each individual more responsible manner. As
I always tells , we need to make this a more friendlily mailing list.
Having said that in Apache what importance is "Community" NOT the code.
So we should always give our first priority to the community and then
the code.

> Anyway, I think pretty much everyone agrees we should move to a new
> TLP. But the question is what we should move with us. So I think its
> good to start a discussion on this.
Didnt we discuss this a number of time ,I agree we did not come to a
conclusion but we discussed.  Anyway let's discuss.

> So what do you all think? Shall we move WS-Commons with it or not? I
> think we should, especially because of the convenience of axis2
> developer. And I don't think that will hinder anyone using anything
> within WS-Commons components.

Well , I do not mind moving any of the project as TLPs. In fact I have
mentioned a number of times that we also need to move Axiom as TLP. And
make that the Pull parser based XML inforset representation. However
moving Axis2 into TLP and making Axiom a TLP a totally different
discussion. IMO we should not move Axiom into Axis2 (I am -0 on this).

About neethi , I do not think we need to move that with Axis2 , we can
keep that inside WS , same thing would be apply to XML Schema as well.
However I am not still clear about transport. In my view those transport
can not work without Axis2. So those should be sub project of Axis2.
Even I am +0 on that too.
> What do you all think? Let's have a friendly discussion.
Hehe +1

Deepal

--
Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org

Re: Discussion : What should be in Axis2 TLP (Was Re: [VOTE] Axis2 as TLP (Alternate Proposal))

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org