Posted to websh-dev@tcl.apache.org by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch> on 2002/04/02 18:05:39 UTC

Websh - WebSH - Webshell - websh

On the web site and in the documentation, we use different notation
for Websh. (I just consistently applied Webshell to the quickref, but
I'm not happy.)

-> Can we agree on one single version we want to use?

We have used (afaik)

   WebSH
   Websh
   websh
   Webshell
   web shell
   webshell

My proposal: consistently use Websh in writing except in URLs where
websh is used (as is in websh.com and in tcl.apache.org/websh). In the
documentation and on the site, we could certainly add a Websh
(pronounced "web shell") on the entry page / introduction. (Using
Websh instead of websh has the advantage, that beginning a sentence
does not need a lower case letter, which looks stupid.) As for
Webshell, I think it's kind a clumsy.

I hope I didn't bring up something that has been agreed upon already,
I just wouldn't know of that agreement...

Opinions?

Re: Websh - WebSH - Webshell - websh

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> > Opinions?
>
> I like WebSH becauses it emphasises the 'shell' part of it.  I think
> that or Websh look best.

Any input or consensus on this from the other guys there at Netcetera?
Jason?  Andrej?  Anyone else who uses it regularly for projects?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Websh - WebSH - Webshell - websh