Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Swell <so...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/05 09:51:59 UTC

TomEE 8.x - Bump MicroProfile 2.x to 4.x - once the TCK are validated for TomEE 9.x, can we port the MicroProfile bridges of TomEE 9.x to 8.x ?

TomEE 8.x is based on MicroProfile 2.x from Apache Geronimo

Java EE 8.x server can use MicroProfile up to 4.x, which Geronimo does not
provide, and that would require a switch to SmallRye for TomEE 8.x

after the TCK are validated for TomEE 9.x, can we discuss it ? (porting the
MicroProfile bridges of TomEE 9.x to 8.x ?)

Re: TomEE 8.x - Bump MicroProfile 2.x to 4.x - once the TCK are validated for TomEE 9.x, can we port the MicroProfile bridges of TomEE 9.x to 8.x ?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Hi Swell,

Bumping this thread up in case you miss the discussions.

We have decided to switch over to SmallRye for TomEE 9 and onwards (Jakarta
namespace). We are currently actively working on this part. So far Metrics,
Health and soon Config will be fully compatible. JWT is in process and
others will be implemented later.

If you want to jump in and help, you are more than welcome

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro