Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Simone Leo <si...@crs4.it> on 2009/12/16 16:25:12 UTC

First Italian HUG Meeting

We are wondering whether there is interest in a Hadoop User Group
meeting in Italy. Our main area of interest is bioinformatics
applications, specifically deep sequencing data analysis, but anything
MapReduce-related would be great for sharing ideas.

The event could be hosted, let's say this upcoming Spring, by us at CRS4
-- Distributed Computing (http://dc.crs4.it). It could be a "birds of a
feather" meeting where people discuss what they are doing with Hadoop
and how, in an informal fashion, and maybe give some tutorial
presentations. For instance, we could talk about our experience in
Python MapReduce programming and integration with scheduling systems
(Sun Grid Engine).

Please e-mail me if you like the idea, so that we can assess whether
there is enough interest in having the meeting.

--
Simone Leo
Distributed Computing group