Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wiebe de Jong <wi...@shaw.ca> on 2005/05/26 00:31:53 UTC

output device support

How would I go about supporting multiple output devices, such as browsers,
Blackberries, phones and various PDA devices? Are there any Struts
extensions out there for this? Or should I investigate Sitemesh or Cocoon?

Any case studies or actual code would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wiebe de Jong

Re: output device support

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/05, Wiebe de Jong <wi...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> How would I go about supporting multiple output devices, such as browsers,
> Blackberries, phones and various PDA devices? Are there any Struts
> extensions out there for this? Or should I investigate Sitemesh or Cocoon?

So, the application(s) may need to front multiple presentation layers
(based on user agent), that are backed by common higher layers. If
you're using Struts, you can use wildcards for supporting multiple
views (1.2 and up).

> Any case studies or actual code would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the "MusicStore sample application actions" section here [
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-taglibs-sandbox/rdc/examples/web/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml?view=markup
] Note how the GUI and speech channels are backed by the same struts
artifacts.

-Rahul