Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ilma barbosa <il...@yahoo.com.br> on 2002/09/17 21:40:45 UTC

I need help

good afternoon the whole ones.
I am beginning to work with lucene and I am some
doubts:

Which the structure of the files generated by the
indexation?

Which is the structure and the what is stored in each
one of them ( files generate int indexation)?

How and Where  the information of the documents  are
stored ( object document)?

Is generated a file inverted for each field of the
object Document ?

Does anybody have some material that shows as
indexation process is accomplished?

It would like to receive, if possible,  a detailed
documentation of the lucene classes, so that I can
better to undertend  the process.

I thank the whole ones,
Wender.

Re: I need help

Posted by Ganael LAPLANCHE <gl...@jouve.fr>.
Hi Ilma !

For the Lucene API documentation, go to :
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/index.html

Ganaël.

I am beginning to work with lucene and I am some
doubts:

Which the structure of the files generated by the
indexation?

Which is the structure and the what is stored in each
one of them ( files generate int indexation)?

How and Where  the information of the documents  are
stored ( object document)?

Is generated a file inverted for each field of the
object Document ?

Does anybody have some material that shows as
indexation process is accomplished?

It would like to receive, if possible,  a detailed
documentation of the lucene classes, so that I can
better to undertend  the process.

I thank the whole ones,
Wender.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: I need help

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Hi,

There are many of these questions answer in the Frequently Asked
Questions area of the website.

http://lucene.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/faq/faqmanager.cgi

Do learn how to use Lucene, read the tutorial

http://www.darksleep.com/puff/lucene/lucene.html
or
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/gettingstarted.html

I hope this helps