Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/10/06 18:16:47 UTC

Apache PDFBox October 2013 board report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month.

Any comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
documents.

General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the community.

After adding Maruan Sahyoun and Thomas Chojecki to our ranks in March 2013
there weren't any changes so far.

404 (364 last report) subscribers on the user@ list
160 (156 last report) subscribers on the dev@ list

Releases
--------

Version 1.8.2 was released on 2th of june 2013

1.8.2 is an incremental bugfix release based on PDFBox 1.8.x.

Development:
------------

Most likely the next bugfix version 1.8.3 will be released this quarter. We
already started making the preparations.

The work on our next major release just started. The main topics are:

- switch to java 1.6
- modularization
- replace/enhance the parser
- refactor the underlying COS model
- code cleanup
- enhance rendering

</draft>

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: Apache PDFBox October 2013 board report due

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

I've submitted the report without any changes.

Thanks for the feedback.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.