Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net> on 2005/08/15 09:44:39 UTC

More Partial Form Questions

            Just when I thought I had this stuff figured out, I ran into a
problem where I seem to be missing a javascript file of some sort. I'm
getting "Error PartPost is not defined" in my javascript console.

            I have a form defined thus:

<form jwcid="@tacos:PartialForm" refreshParts="optionlist"

                        listener="ognl:listeners.partialSubmit"
direct="true">

<input type="text" jwcid="@Hidden" value="ognl:page.persistKey"/>

<input type="submit" label="Add Option" jwcid="@Submit"
listener="ognl:listeners.addOption"/>

</form>

What I actually get out is this (note the function call to PartPost):

<form method="post" name="Form1" action="/Corinna/app" onsubmit="return new
PartPost(this,['optionlist']).send();">
<input type="hidden" name="service" value="direct/1/Question/$PartialForm"/>
<input type="hidden" name="sp" value="S1"/>
<input type="hidden" name="Form1"
value="$Hidden,$TextField$1,$TextField$2,$Submit$4"/>
<input type="hidden" name="$Hidden" value="S8"/>
<input type="submit" name="$Submit$4" value="Add Option"/> </td>
</form>

The problem is, nowhere on the form does a script with a function named
PartPost appear. I *think* I found the script in question, buried moderately
deep in the tacos jar file.

So the question becomes . how do I get my form to properly link in the
Partial.js script file from the jar? Do I have to do something manual, or
should the component be automatically linking in the scripts it needs?

In other words, how do I get this thing working?

Any help would, as usual, be appreciated,

--- Pat