Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/16 18:41:25 UTC

Why EmbeddedSolrServer with a RAMDirectoryFactory Needs a Data Directory?

I am trying test frameworks of Solr and I've used AbstractSolrTestCase at
my custom test codes. I do not test my Solr instance, I just test my custom
application's interaction with Solr.

I think that using an EmbeddedSolrServer with a RAMDirectoryFactory is a
fast (everything happens at memory) and easy way to go. However
EmbeddedSolrServer wants a dataDir directory and it creates a random one
under /tmp if I don't pass the dataDir URL explicitly.

I just want to happen everything in RAM. Is it an expected behavior to use
a data directory when I use RAMDirectoryFactory. Otherwise I can fire a
Jira and apply a patch for it?

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI