Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Federico De Maddalena <f....@patente.it> on 2013/12/20 19:51:53 UTC

video on mobile project

i spent a lot of time trying to display a video on a cross platform (ios
+ adnroid) application based on flex 4.12 beta and air 3,9, developed
with flash builder 7 (as + mxml)

i tryed stagewebview, stagevideo, videoplayer component, video but i've
not find a unique solution.

stagewebview run weel on ios, but not in android. videoplayer component
doesn't work on ios. with stagevideo I've only audio but no video is
displayed...
...i'm desperately searching a solution!!!!
any ideas?
probably i'm just newbies...

sorry for my bad english but i'm exausted!
thanks
federico

Re: video on mobile project

Posted by Matthew Weir <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Sheer guess here but perhaps the use of flex stagewebview and an html5 video tag?

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/StageWebView.html

RE: video on mobile project

Posted by Greg Huddleston <gh...@reachips.com>.
Hi Federico,

The group may have better/more modern ways to handle this & for this I defer to the groups collective expertise.

What 'I' have done in the past in a pinch when I was in a hurry for a solution; is to convert all video to FLV format.

If this fits what you are trying to do then I suggest you use the (free) FFMPEG to convert
Google around for hints I have used something like this in the recent past:

      ffmpeg -i source.mp4 -c:v libx264 -ar 22050 -crf 28 destinationfile.flv

If you are trying to play youtube there are also tutorials around that used to work but I think Youtube keeps altering their security model so YMMV on these working longer term.

If I can locate my sample code that worked I will post it to you.

Good luck  //GregH

R: video on mobile project

Posted by Federico De Maddalena <f....@patente.it>.
I'm using MP4 located in a server.

StageVideo, i followed this guide
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/stage_video.html

VideoPlayer, i'm just using mxml component
<s:VideoPlayer
	width="100%"
	height="100%"
	autoPlay="true"
	loop="false"
	source="{data}"
	skinClass="skin.common.VideoPlayerSkin"
	click="togglePlay()"
	id="vp"/>

Where data is www.mysite.com/myfile.mp4

StageWebView:
private var webView:StageWebView;

	var osStatusBarHeight:int=FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.getStyle("osStatusBarHeight");
	webView = new StageWebView();
	webView.stage = this.stage;
	webView.viewPort = newRectangle(0,(this.navigator.actionBar.height+osStatusBarHeight),this.stage.stageWidth,(this.stage.stageHeightthis.navigator.actionBar.height-osStatusBarHeight));
	webView.loadURL(e.Url);
	webView.addEventListener(ErrorEvent.ERROR, onError);

Can you post the code you'd been using in the various options ( SWV, SV and VP).
And the kind of video source you want to display That will help us to help you.

Maurice

RE: video on mobile project