Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by robert rowntree <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/25 21:01:32 UTC

linux FC5 and tomcat autodeploy

expected behavior using default <Engine config in "server.xml" is that WAR files will expand and deploy when they are placed in ./tomcatRoot/webapps.

expected behavior using "manager' app and http requests covered in docs at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html is that when you authenticate to manager application and Post a url asking to undeploy a /Context that the root directory of that context will be deleted and all the files will be deleted.

what we have observed is that the autodeploy does not expand the WAR all the time.
what we have observed in undeploy is that the message appears "context undeployed" but all the files under that context actually remain.
my FAQ is that when we made the server.xml change to the following tag, the problem seems to have gone away. The docs say that the attribute we added ______ is defaulted to "10 seconds". However i wonder.....

  <!--  <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">  -->
    <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" backgroundProcessorDelay="10">

when we added the "backgroundProcessorDelay" to our server.xml on FedoraCore5, the autodeploy problems described above in this post seem to have disappeared.

Has anyone noticed similar behavior on linux?