Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/19 20:10:33 UTC

ATS6 to ATS7 profile upgrades

After spending an hour modifying one of our profiles from ATS6 to ATS7, and facing down modifying our other 10 profiles. We’ve also received some pretty sharp feedback from customers on how long it takes to manually make the profile configuration changes required for a new major ATS version. To make life easier for everyone, I wrote a quick utility to do the dirty work for us.

Given a JSON file from a TO export, this will use some predefined rules to convert the profile into what is needed for ATS7. This means changing logs_xml.config to logging.config and removing a bunch of obsoleted options, among other changes.  I’ve had some requests to build this into the TP/TO API. This script occasionally requires manual review, so is not a good fit for an automatic upgrade API yet. .

PR is up at https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/pull/2428

Hopefully others will find it useful for getting on ATS7 and we can reuse it when moving to future ATS versions as well.  Comments appreciated!

—Eric

Re: [EXTERNAL] ATS6 to ATS7 profile upgrades

Posted by "Gelinas, Derek" <De...@comcast.com>.
That's a fantastic idea Eric.  I'll try and take a look at it later.