Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by sl...@hp.com on 2000/02/01 08:25:53 UTC

Javadoc problem

Hello everybody,

I'm experimenting with ANT. This is pretty cool stuff !

By now the only problem I have is about Javadoc2 task.
There is my build.xml code snippest:

   <target name="apidoc" depends="class">
      <echo message=""/><echo message="** Creating API documentation
**"/><echo message=""/>
      <mkdir dir="${api.dir}"/>
      <javadoc2
         sourcepath="${src.dir}"
         destdir="${api.dir}"
         private="true"
         windowtitle="GLiS User Interface API Documentation"
         header="&lt;h1&gt;GLiS UI API&lt;/h1&gt;"
         packagenames=
            "com.hp.glicos,
             com.hp.glicos.beans,
             com.hp.glicos.ofgui,
             com.hp.glicos.ofgui.action,
             com.hp.glicos.ofgui.config,
             com.hp.glicos.ofgui.res,
             com.hp.glicos.tools,
             others"
      />
   </target>

While I run this task nothing happens. The ant output is as follows:

Executing Target: apidoc

** Creating API documentation **

Generating Javadoc
Javadoc execution
Completed in 0 seconds

Where is the problem ???

Slawek

SLAWEK ZACHCIAL
Software Application Engineer
Hewlett-Packard France

tel +33 4 76 14 50 44
telnet 779-5044
fax +33 4 76 14 14 65

Re: Javadoc problem

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
slawomir_zachcial@hp.com wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm experimenting with ANT. This is pretty cool stuff !
>
> By now the only problem I have is about Javadoc2 task.
> There is my build.xml code snippest:
>
>    <target name="apidoc" depends="class">
>       <echo message=""/><echo message="** Creating API documentation
> **"/><echo message=""/>
>       <mkdir dir="${api.dir}"/>
>       <javadoc2
>          sourcepath="${src.dir}"
>          destdir="${api.dir}"
>          private="true"
>          windowtitle="GLiS User Interface API Documentation"
>          header="&lt;h1&gt;GLiS UI API&lt;/h1&gt;"
>          packagenames=
>             "com.hp.glicos,
>              com.hp.glicos.beans,
>              com.hp.glicos.ofgui,
>              com.hp.glicos.ofgui.action,
>              com.hp.glicos.ofgui.config,
>              com.hp.glicos.ofgui.res,
>              com.hp.glicos.tools,
>              others"
>       />
>    </target>
>
> While I run this task nothing happens. The ant output is as follows:

> Executing Target: apidoc
>
> ** Creating API documentation **
>
> Generating Javadoc
> Javadoc execution
> Completed in 0 seconds
>
> Where is the problem ???

Have you upgraded with the latest Ant CVS module (jakarta-ant)?

Also, you might want to use wildcards in your package names
"com.hp.glicos.*" will take care of everything.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.