Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Foran, Christopher" <Ch...@fmr.com> on 2004/05/03 16:30:19 UTC

Multi-threaded problem (is this a bug?)

I have a java client which is able to create multiple threads, each
thread sends a POST. I am able to run up to 50 threads with out a
problem with my current version of the client.
I want to use Httpclient but this version of the java client code give
an error which says:
	[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.

I don't generate this error and don't know where it is coming from, or
what is generating it. The threads write their output to output files,
each thread has its own output file. I get one of these errors for each
thread I run over 10. So if I run 15 threads I get 4 of these messages.
The only major difference between the two versions of the java clients
is the Httpclient code. The other strange thing is that all of the
threads run successfully, and the output files contain the correct data.

Am I running out of pooled connections, or something like that?  Am I
able to control how many pooled connections I start with?
Thanks.

christopher.foran@fmr.com | 617.563.4785