Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Constantine Dokolas <cd...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/25 15:53:40 UTC

OS2WindowsMetricsTable.FSTYPE_EDITIBLE (fontbox) should be 8 instead of 4

According to
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/opentype/spec/os2#fstype the
value for "Editable embedding" (OS2WindowsMetricsTable.FSTYPE_EDITIBLE) is
8. It seems that, due to copy-pasting, it has 4, the same as "Preview &
Print embedding" (OS2WindowsMetricsTable.FSTYPE_PREVIEW_AND_PRINT).

I was testing system fonts for embeddability by using a mask calculated by
"OS2WindowsMetricsTable.FSTYPE_EDITIBLE |
OS2WindowsMetricsTable.FSTYPE_PREVIEW_AND_PRINT" and the usual fonts kept
failing.

Thanks in advance,
Constantine

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the

Re: OS2WindowsMetricsTable.FSTYPE_EDITIBLE (fontbox) should be 8 instead of 4

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Thank you, fixed:

This will be in the next-to-next version (2.0.15) because 2.0.14 is
being prepared / voted, so until then you'll have to use your own constant.

Tilman